Location Report

Film: Juno the Sequel


Full Address


The Leigh Technology Academy

Green Street Green Road                   

Dartford

Kent                   
DA1 1QE

Transport Information

By car

From the South:
Leave the M25 at Junction 2, follow signs for Dartford A225. At the roundabout take the first exit and at the next roundabout, take the first exit again into Green Street Green Road where the Academy is located. The Academy entrance is on the right.
From the North:
Leave the M25 at Junction 1b. At the roundabout, take the third exit and at the next roundabout take the first exit into Green Street Green Road where the Academy is located. The Academy entrance is on the right.


Public Transport

The Leigh Technology Academy is 40 minutes from the centre of London. Dartford is the nearest mainline station. Dartford station is 5 minutes from the Academy by taxi and 20 minutes on foot.

The "Fastrack"buses between Dartford and Gravesend stops outside the Academy & runs every 10-15 minutes around the many Fastrack bus stops around Dartford.

Arrangements/Permission to use location

In order to use my desired location within my "disruption" scene for my Juno sequel, I had to ask for permission from the Leigh Technology Academy to use the secondary school as a overall location, to which after they agreed to letting me use the premises, I then had to ask many different members of staff of the school who have got a office that fits physically within my specification for my particular scene, if they would allow me to use their office for my location and to arrange a time/date to when I will be allowed to use it.
After many failed attempts, I finally found myself a office for my location that fits the specification for my scene perfectly with the permission from Mr Finnegan,(member of staff at the Leigh Technology Academy/Head of Chaucer college) who kindly gave me permission to use his school office.

After discussing both our timetables, we have arranged the date of Tuesday the 19th of March, any time from 14:00 to which I will have the location to myself to use for my 9 key frames.


Health/Safety Precautions

There are no health and safety precautions for me to take assistance on as the location I'm using is on a school premises & therefore I have no health/safety issues to take assistance on.

Location Description/General Information 

The following series of pictures are of the location that i will be using for my "disruption" scene in my Juno sequel. This location is perfect for my scene as my scene is set in a school headmasters office, and due to the fact that I have actually got a office within a school for my location, therefore fitting my desired location specification perfectly.
This location is defintely suitable for my scene as its a small room with enclosed spacing, allowing the principles office to have a prison-like feel to it, as well as the window is behind the principle's desk, allowing natural daylight to shine through behind the principle, representing a high importance/power of the character. Moreover, the location I have chosen is of a very organised feel which will show within my scene, allowing the theme of "control" to be shown in the scene, to which compliments the disruption more so as it goes against the typical purpose of the principle's office.

The pictures were taking at daytime, to which the scene is when the scene will be filmed in, therefore this has given me a more clearer insight to what my scene will look like in my final shots.

I will set dress the location in many ways, however, as the location is already a school office, a lot of the set is already dressed with many props that I would've used. e.g. laptop,telephone,books,stationary,etc. I will set dress the location by adding a large, gold, engraved name tag/label stand at the front of the principles desk to represent her high authority at the start of the scene, as well as certificates/awards behind the priciples desk to show off her pride and success to create a intemedating feel for the principle and her office.

There will be no noise except of dialog, a small snippet of soundtrack music when Britney is listening to her iPod (The Runaways-Cherrybomb), and a small use of foley when Britney's phone vibrates, and the shutting of doors.


Location Pictures : Teachers/Headmasters office in Leigh Technology Academy: